Thursday, January 11, 2018

Nine of Wands and Strength – Breathe and stand down for while

My question for today was which part of me is in need of some nurturing and loving attention and I pulled the Nine of Wands from the Shadowscapes Tarot. 
Shadowscapes Tarot Nine of Wands Strength Stephanie Pui-Mun Law Blog Blogger
Yes, lately I am too often fully armored and expecting the worst. That is my default mode when stress is piling up and I feel like I have to be ready for whatever calamity might happen next. But of course, that is all in my head because nobody knows what the next moment will bring and I am not responsible what others might do. My sole responsibility lies in my answer to their actions.
Then I was wondering how I could pamper my inner warrior, my always present sentinel and I pulled Strength. In this card, the rider has dismounted his lion and caresses his manes.  Behind him, a cat is playing with a bell tied to a ribbon. Birds are flying over him and the bamboo in the background is reminding him of how swaying in the wind without breaking, is a strength too. Look how the yellow from the first card lowers itself easily into the next. While the first card is uptight and is asking for constant alertness, the second card lets us breathe and enjoy the moment. Today this card radiates balance and inner peace for me

Even the guy in the Nine of Wands needs to stand down for moment if he want to do his job properly otherwise when the real attack come he is lying in his bed with a burnout  

6 comments:

  1. One reason I like the RWS Nine of Wands is because he has the other eight wands stuck in the ground behind him, reminding me that I have met and survived other challenges so I shouldn't get too consumed with worry about another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is indeed a positive aspect of that rendition of the Nine of Wands. This version however describes my pitfall perfectly and the Strength card is a welcome antidote to this behavior

      Delete
  2. First two things I saw are that the individuals are looking away from each other. Disagreement, differing opinions or choices? Then I saw the similar curly tails, reminding me of the spiral of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does feel as if the rider needs some distance from an uptight situation

      Delete
  3. you and Bev are on the same wavelength today~

    ReplyDelete